Wednesday 4 August 2010

Meet Jackie!

I was thrilled to bits when Jackie agreed to join the Design Squad for the Sketch File, we've known each other via the internet for a few years now. As well as loving crafting, Jackie shares my Grecophile tendencies! I know that as a confirmed sketchoholic she's going to make a fab Teamie on here.


"Like many crafters I started at the age of about 4 or 5 when my grandmother taught me to knit. Later I learnt to sew and I used to make my own dolls clothes! I progressed to making my own clothes through taking needlework at school then cross stitch but always fell back on knitting. I eventually went on to knit samples for Edina Ronay and Sirdar. (For those old enough to remember, Selina Scott wore one of my sweaters on The Clothes Show)
About seven years ago I decided to make some cards for hubby to give to clients …….he’s a part time DJ, and the rest, as they say, is history. I went on to start making wedding stationery and started my own company, Party Nights Creations. I love rubber stamping as I am not in the least bit artistic (unless stick men count J). I also love ribbon and simple uncluttered work. I really enjoy scrap booking too (and buying goodies) and use this as one of my methods of relaxation.  I dabble with beads too and love Swarovski crystals.
 I love my design team work, the constant learning involved and the chance to work along side international crafters. I’ve seen my work in print a couple of times as I’ve been runner up in a couple of national card making competitions. My work also features regularly on Create and Craft.  I would really love to be a permanent freelance designer for mags and/or manufacturers etc……it doesn’t hurt to dream!
I am so excited about having been asked to join Kathy’s design team. I thought I had the perfect job before but it has definitely just got better."


5 comments:

Kate said...

Lovely cards Jackie, especially like the orange and pink one.

** Kate **

Bev said...

Gorjuss Jackie. loving the firsat card too. xxx

Kaz said...

Fab cards for a fab sketch. I can see me using this one Kathy xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous sketch, gorgeous cards. Great inpsiration. I have to go out now but I want to craft instead!!!

Angelnorth said...

Great cards Jackie, love the use of the big bloom on the second one! Congrats on joining Kathy's team!